1934 yardage: 150, par 3
"Here the distance must be gauged very accurately, and the wind sweeping down along Rae's Creek is often deceptive to the player standing on the tee about to hit."
--- Bobby Jones
Did it work?
No change has been necessary for this hole. This is the most terrifying shot on the golf course when the winds are swirling. A short approach will find Rae's Creek or the bunker in front of the green; a long approach could find one of the two bunkers in the rear.
Recent photos from No. 12
2011 Pin Placements
Golden Bell - Forsythia intermedia
- Deciduous flowering shrub
- Blooms at first hint of spring with 3/4-inch golden yellow blooms followed by dark green foliage
Spot it on the course
- It grows behind the 12th green.
- Before it was Golden Bell, No. 12 was named Three Pines.Zones 6-9
Where and how the plant grows
- Native to China
- Grows to 8 feet
- Moist, well-drained, rich, loose organic soil
- High drought tolerance
- Propagation by cuttings
- Extremely disease resistant