1934 yardage: 145, par 3
"Depending upon the wind, a fine drive may leave a second shot requiring anything from a good 5-iron or easy 4 to a short pitch."
--- Bobby Jones
- Tee moved back 10-15 yards, 2006
Did it work?
Ike's Tree isn't a problem for big hitters, but others still struggle to hit it far enough to have a good look at the green. Golfers want to hit as short a club as possible for their approach to this difficult green.
Recent photos from No. 17
2011 Pin Placements
Nandina - Nandina domestica
- Old-fashioned, tough evergreen shrub with fernlike foliage
- Blooms April to May; large clusters of small, creamy flowers
- In winter, yields clusters of brilliant red berries
Spot it on the course
- It grows in a cluster near the records fountain on the right and to the left and right of the hole, close to the members' tee.
- A good-luck symbol in Japan
Where and how the plant grows
- Grows 6 to 8 feet high and 2 to 3 feet wide
- Sun to shade
- Moist, well-drained soil
- High drought tolerance
- Propagation by seed or division