1934 yardage: 190, par 3
"The length of this hole can be varied a great deal, depending upon use of the back tee or the rear portion of the forward tee. From the back tee the shot is usually a strong iron or even a 4- or 3-wood."
--- Bobby Jones
- Tee moved back 30-35 yards for 2006
Did it work?
Yes, the added length is forcing players to attack this club with longer clubs, and birdies are still rare.
Recent photos from No. 4
2011 Pin Placements
Flowering Crab Apple
Flowering Crab Apple - Malus species
- Deciduous, flowering tree
- Produces fragrant single and semidouble blooms from late March to early April - 3/4- to 1-inch flowers range from light pink to deep rose
- Colorful 1-inch apples in summer to fall
Spot it on the course
- It's on the right side of the fourth fairway.
- No. 4 once was named Palm.
Where and how the plant grows
- Can grow 25 to 30 feet tall, depending on variety
- Very adaptable
- Full sun
- Well-drained soil
- Moderately drought tolerant
- Propagation by seed, cuttings or grafting
- Varieties produced from hybridizing